Maintenance Technician – Union, MO – $1,000.00 Sign On Bonus
Silgan Plastic Food Containers is the world’s leading supplier of high-barrier plastic packaging for long shelf-life, ambient, microwaveable, convenience foods. We have a majority market share in the U.S. and export to over 18 countries around the globe.
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for troubleshooting and repairing Rotary Thermal Forming lines, and ancillary equipment (vision systems, robotics, printers, PLC’s, etc.). The successful candidate must also be able to perform setups, changeovers, adjustments, and preventative maintenance.
- Must be able to proficiently understand machines, conveyance equipment and auxiliary equipment (vision systems, robotics, printers, PLC’s, etc.) to diagnose malfunctions and to affect repairs
- Troubleshoot and locate the source of the problem by observing the operation of the equipment
- Consult OEM manuals to identify proper equipment specific procedures, parts identification, pm schedules and frequency, troubleshooting, etc.
- Perform adjustments and setups on a variety of equipment in support of production and in accordance with the company developed documents and all safety procedures
- Maintain a clean and safe work area and report/correct all unsafe working conditions
- Read, use, and interpret measuring devices, gauges, and inspection tools
- Perform all required necessary preventive maintenance and repairs on equipment
- Good mathematical and analytical skill
- Ability to read schematics
- Good communication (oral, written and listening) skills
- Adaptability, building strategic working relationships, initiating action, and good time management
- Safety awareness, technical/professional knowledge and skills
- Basic knowledge of extrusion, vacuum systems, material transfer, air systems, and plumbing
- Computer knowledge a plus
- Degree in Industrial Technology or Associates Degree (preferred but not required)
- Ability to manipulate heavy equipment when needed
- Ability to work in various weather condition including the heat
- Repetitive bending from the upright position to approximately a 35 degree angle
- Ability to maneuver in various positions including kneeling, sitting, and laying down
- Able to lift over 50 lb.
- 3 day weekend every other week
- 5 paid breaks during 12 hour shift
- Voluntary overtime
- Tools supplied
- Uniforms provided
- Safety boots reimbursed
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance, 401(k) plan with employer match, paid time off, wellness program, tuition reimbursement and more