How We Made X-Cup Consumer & Planet Friendly
As an industry leader in plastic manufacturing, we are deeply committed to developing a sustainable single-serve cup solution. One that seamlessly integrates with current operations while promoting consumer-friendly recycling practices.
Saving Billions of Single-Serve Cups From Landfills
We created a coffee pod that is 100% recyclable, reducing waste and the resources used to transport scrap to landfills.
Research shows that 75% of US consumers are concerned about the environmental impact of the products they buy.
In a society that has embraced eco-friendly practices, it’s important to stay relevant and change your operations to honor what your consumers care about most.
X-CUP SUSTAINABILITY FACTS
Protect Your Roasts & Reduce Waste
- 100% recyclable
- Made with up to 25% post-consumer waste material
- Improved design requires less barrier material
- Promotes consumer-friendly, responsible recycling
- As single-serve system, less impactful environmentally than drip-brewing methods
Life Cycle Comparison
Coffee waste and energy consumption can vary greatly between coffee brewing systems in terms of net environmental impact. Single-serve methods, for instance, generally create less impact when compared to the actual consumer habits of drip-brew systems.
Creating A Dependable Infrastructure
The X-CUP infrastructure is simple. After use, X-CUP coffee pods can be recycled via an efficient bag return program.
By adopting the X-Cup infrastructure as the new-norm, we can work together to create a greener tomorrow. Environmental responsibility starts with a choice and choosing to preserve future resources just makes sense.
THE X-CUP ECOSYSTEM
Pod Recycling That Actually Works
Today’s MRF (materials recycling facility) remains unequipped to process most of the coffee pods on the market. Fortunately, X-CUP’s ecosystem provides the answer.
- Consumer-friendly return bags provided for used pods.
- Every used pod component recycled or repurposed.
- Coffee grounds converted into fertilizer.
- Processed at Gateway Plastics’ state-of-the-art recycling plant.
- Promotes responsible recycling.